I’m in the process of moving and have been MIA but I made some gluten-free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! Delicious!
Also, note: oatmeal is considered gluten-free in the US but not Canada. CHECK THE BRAND IF YOU ARE UNSURE AND HAVE A SENSITIVITY/ARE CELIAC.
Serves: 12 (makes approx. 24 cookies)
– 1/2 cup butter (softened)
– 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
– 1/4 cup white sugar (or coconut sugar)
– 1 egg (I use free-range)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup chick pea flour (regular flour is fine as well)
– 2 tablespoons flaxseed (ground)
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1.5 cups quick cook oats
– 2/3 almonds (chopped) optional
– 1/2 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 325F degrees
2) Mix butter and both sugars until it is a smooth texture.
3) Beat in egg and vanilla
4) Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until blended
5) Add oats, flaxseed, chocolate chips and almonds. Mix together
6) Drop 1 tablespoon (no need to be exact here) onto a non-stick (or greased) cookie sheet
7) Bake until golden brown (11-13 minutes)