Experimenting with more tea recipes because I just can’t get enough! I made some muffins using DavidsTea’s “Forever Nuts” tea! Forever Nuts is available at DavidsTea stores across Canada and the U.S. or online (www.davidstea.com). It”s one of my favorite teas by them!
– 1 cup boiling water
– 4 perfect spoons of Forever Nuts tea (I believe each perfect spoon is 1.25 tbsp)
– 1 egg (I use free range)
– 1.5 cups flour (I use a gluten-free mix)
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2tbsp butter (melted)
– 1 cup white sugar
Optional: 12 almonds (garnish on top)
1) boil your water and steep your tea for about 6-8 minutes! The stronger the tea, the bigger flavor later!
2) Mix sugar and tea, stir until sugar is dissolved – LET COOL in the fridge. Do NOT skip this step because eggs come next and you don’t want to cook them
3) Pre-heat oven to 350F
4) Add butter & egg to sugar and tea
5) Mix flour, salt, baking soda then add to wet ingredients -stir gently until well-mixed
6) lightly grease your muffin pan or use the papers (I use papers to save a couple calories on the oil)
7) fill muffin tins half way
8) If you want to garnish, place a single almond on top of each muffin
9) Pop into the oven for 17-20 minutes
Delicious breakfast and snack! Enjoy!