I love apple season… especially fried and soaked in sugar topped on a dessert! I decided it is time I find a clean and healthier way to enjoy one of my favorite treats 🙂
- 2 small apples (or 1 large)
keep it simple
- spray coconut oil
- 1 tbsp natural honey
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon (I like mine with extra cinnamon!)
1. Cube apples (or slice, really a matter of personal preference!)
2. Spray fry pan with coconut oil and heat on medium-high. Once the oil is hot, add the apples and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the honey and cinnamon and cook for about another 4-5 minutes.
Would you look at that…clean, healthy and gluten free in under 10 minutes!
I put mine on some Trader Joe’s gluten-free pancakes 🙂 yuuum!
That pumpkin time of year is one of my favorite times of the year! I hate the weather, but pumpkin EVERYTHING makes up for it for sure! I love these gluten-free bars to snack out!
1/2 cup oat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
pumpkin bars ready to be cut and served! (double batch)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp agave
2 tbsp honey (or agave, I like the honey taste!)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned – unsweetened!)
2 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp apple sauce
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine dry ingredients, stir
3. Add in wet ingredients
4. Spread into a buttered 7×5 pan and cook for 14-15 minutes
Let cool, cut and enjoy!
A recipe I just popped together with the remains in my fridge the other night which I will now be making more often!!! Jam packed with nutrients, low on carbs and calories, easy to make AND satisfying!
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 4 small tomatoes – I used yellow ones for fun 🙂
- 1/2 cup 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup pasilla pepper (less if you don’t like spice)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tbsp chipotle spice
1) Combine the ground beef with the chipotle and make 6 small meatballs. Pan fry (no need for oil there’s enough in the meat) until cooked through (approx 10 minutes, flip after 5 minutes)
2) While the meet is cooking wash and dry all the vegetables
3) finely chop the pasilla pepper, cilantro, onion and tomatoes
4) In a bowl cut the avocado, remove the seed and mash. Once mashed add in chopped vegetables and mix
5) add the vegetable mixture inside the lettuce leaf creating a wrap
6) Top with chipotle meatballs
7) OPTIONAL: plain greek yogurt on top (not shown in picture)
Also, I tried this tonight with lentils instead of meat (with chipotle!) and it was delicious! Try this vegan version too… simply substitute the meat by cooking the lentils as instructed on the package with 1tbsp chipotle!
Neglect is my word for today. I have been neglecting my blog for so long because of the following:
1. Adjusting to a new full-time work life, rather than the school life I have lived my entire life.
2. I have been working on my fitness level like mad…training hard every single day.
3. I’m lazy.
These excuses end NOW!!! Time to start blogging again! And to to start… I’ve got some early New Years Resolutions:
1. Do not fall for the holiday fat traps – control those portions and sweet treats! I lost those pounds for GOOD!
2. Exercise 5x a week – this is pretty easy, but man peer pressure sometimes throws me off track!
3. Limit alcohol to 1x month, yes ONCE a month, but priorities. I have goals and I want to meet them
4. Blog at least once a week, I want to make time for this and help others reach their goals!
I made these with some girlfriends over the weekend and they were a hit… in fact, they were gone so fast I didn’t even have a chance to take any pictures! I do assure you they are DELICIOUS and don’t take long to make!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 100g shredded dark chocolate (I shred the fig ritter sport because I love figs and it comes in a 100g package)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1) finely chop dates, shred coconut (if you didn’t buy shredded), shred chocolate
2) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together and mix.
3) add wet ingredients (peanut butter & agave) – mix well
4) If the mixture is too dry add a tbsp of water
5) Let the mixture sit in the fridge for 10 minutes
6) Roll into bite-size balls
7) OPTIONAL: roll balls in shredded coconut
Play around with this… add some cacao, other dried fruits, some different kinds of seeds… let me know what you put in your bliss balls! This is my personal favorite combination though!
Gluten-free, low-cal and super quick to make! I accidentally made this just by throwing the end of the week’s left over groceries together and I’ve been making it at least twice a week now! Jam packed with flavor you don’t need to add any calorie heavy dressings!!
packed for lunch!
– 1 boneless chicken breast (I use organic free-range)
– 1 bunch of kale (I use organic)
– 1 large ripe tomato
– 1 avocado
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– optional: salt and pepper to taste
1) Grill chicken until fully cooked (about 7 minutes on each side)
2) While the chicken is grilling: dice the tomato & avocado. Also take the kale off its stems.
3) Heat olive oil in a wok and add kale, after about 3-4 minutes add the tomatoes. Once the tomatoes are cooked add the avocado.
4) Either lay the chicken breast on top or dice and mix.
5) Salt and pepper to taste – I find there’s enough flavor packed in already though 🙂
SUPER quick, easy and great for bringing to work.
Bad news, then good news!
The Bad: still no internet in my new place! I will have tons of recipes to share when I do have internet… so brace your taste buds for the 20th!!!
The Good: I’ve hit the 150s!!! Currently sitting at 159… barely there, but still there. It’s all progress! You guys will get some tasty recipes to get you there soon!
Sorry for the delays!