With a gluten-free diet, finding delicious noodles is TOUGH. Try Japanese soba noodles - make sure they are 100% buckwheat though. Here’s a quick stir fry recipe I always make for a quick lunch.
- 2 oz. of soba noodles
- 1 tsp. oil – I like to use sesame for the flavor
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/4 red or orange pepper
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce (Kikkoman makes it!)
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
1) mince garlic; julienne carrots, zucchini, and pepper; slice shiitake mushrooms
2) boil water for soba noodles; cook soba noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes and drain (I usually start the vegetables while the soba is cooking)
3) Put a pan on medium, add oil and start with minced garlic, then add the carrots and zucchini, once browned add shiitake mushrooms and pepper
4) after draining cooked soba noodles add them to the stir-fry
5) Add the soba noodles, gluten-free soy sauce and rice vinegar – turn stove to low and sautee for a couple minutes
Enjoy! Makes a great brown bag lunch too. Super easy and re-heats well!